Buy Amitriptyline online
Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant. It’s used to treat certain behavioral problems, such as separation anxiety, fear of noises, and anxiety in dogs. For cats it is used to treat urinating out of the litter box, spraying, and anxiety. it requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
Amitriptyline HCl Directions:
- Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant available by prescription for use in dogs to treat certain behavioral problems such as separation anxiety, fear of noises, and anxiety.
- Amitriptyline is not FDA approved for use in veterinary medicine; however, it is a commonly accepted practice for veterinarians to prescribe this medication for dogs and cats.
- Amitriptyline is used in cats to treat urinating out of the litter box, spraying, and anxiety.
- Do not give this medication Amitriptyline if your pet is or has been using an MAOi (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) such as Selegiline, Anipryl, Mitaban Dip, or Preventic Collar within the last 14 days.
Side effects of Amitriptyline
Amitriptyline Drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, weight gain, or trouble urinating may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
To relieve dry mouth, suck on (sugarless) hard candy or ice chips, chew (sugarless) gum, drink water, or use a saliva substitute.
To prevent constipation, eat dietary fiber, drink enough water, and exercise. You may also need to take a laxative. Ask your pharmacist which type of laxative is right for you.
- Alleviates painful diabetic neuropathy. It is recommended by a variety of guidelines as a first or second line treatment. It is as effective for this indication as gabapentin or pregabalin but less well tolerated.Low doses moderately improve sleep disturbances and reduce pain and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia. It is recommended for fibromyalgia accompanied by depression by Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany and as a second-line option for fibromyalgia, with exercise being the first line option, by European League Against Rheumatism.[Combinations of amitriptyline and fluoxetine or melatonin may reduce fibromyalgia pain better than either medication alone.There is some (low-quality) evidence that may reduce pain in cancer patients ( Amitriptyline ). It is recommended only as a second line therapy for non-chemotherapy-induced neuropathic or mixed neuropathic pain, if opioids did not provide the desired effect
There are no reviews yet.